Why Use the Happy Light
- Research has shown that white light, in a range of 2,500 to 10,000 LUX (the range of the Happy Light), can help to reverse the symptoms of “Winter Blues”.
- Cues your body’s own energy enhancers to make you more alert and productive.
- Benefits include elevated mood, sharpened concentration, and improved energy levels.
How does it work?
- Sign up for a 1/2 hour session. You can sign up online, by calling 614-837-4765 or in person at the library.
- Drop-ins are also welcome, if no one else has reserved the light at that time.
- Enjoy a book, magazine, play games on your device or just relax while you sit in front of the light.
The Happy Light is funded by the Mary Ann Johnston Fund.
If you have questions about any of these services, please call us at (614) 837-4765.