• Working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office.
• Internet search skills.
• Ability to work independently as well as in groups.
• Effective and efficient customer service skills.
Patron Services Manager
Patron Services Duties:
• Assist patrons in locating materials, meetings, programs, and events.
• Check library materials in and out.
• Evaluate incoming materials to ensure that they are complete and in good condition.
• Manage new materials, maintaining displays and changing their status when no longer new.
• Pull daily holds for shipping.
• Process incoming holds and materials returning from other libraries.
• Collect fees and fines.
• Issue library cards.
• Renew and request items for patrons.
• Handle inter-library loan requests.
• Instruct patrons in using our catalog, website, e-material services, and online resources.
• Provide readers' advisory and reference services.
• Answer the phone, responding to the questions in a helpful and accurate manner.
• Shelve daily and read shelves as assigned or needed.
• Prepare reports and maintain records and statistics when assigned.
• Assist with the computer lab, printing station, copy machine, and fax machine.
• Provide excellent customer service.
• Create and maintain displays as assigned or needed.
• Perform opening and closing routines.
• Supervise volunteers and assist them with questions or problems.
• Keep both public and staff spaces tidy and free from clutter.
• Participate in library and other Wagnalls Memorial events, programming, and marketing as needed.
• Perform other duties as needed.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Attention to detail.
• A professional appearance.
• Strong skills in the use of electronic resources and library technology.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Flexibility and ability to exercise sound judgment.
• Ability to maintain a polite and respectful attitude toward patrons and coworkers.
• Back-up to the acquisition department when they are on vacation/illness.